Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Remembering My Old Neighbourhood

It's with a certain fondness that I think back about my days in Brussels. Don't get me wrong: I love it here in Spain. What is not to love? More sunshine, a more relaxed attitude of the local people, a cheaper way of life, the bigger diversity of landscape, the food (especially the tapas culture)! But 10 years is a long time and difficult to forget... It's funny actually, given the fact that for a long time I used to hate the Belgian capital.







I also remember that during my first days in Spain, I actually missed the metro and the tram! Not being able to travel underground felt really odd in the beginning.

Anyway, I took most of these pictures at and around the Congress Column, in the heart of Brussels. This column was erected in the middle of the 19th century in order to commemorate the important events in the struggle for Belgian independence. At the foot of the monument, you can see the tomb of the Unknown Soldier.










No comments:

Post a Comment